SRS and Exim is still in an experimental phase and the library used is dead upstream, so the Debian-Bug got refused: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=702358
On another Blog I have (http://www.ff-pitten.at) I recently activated SSL for the admin area (see https://codex.wordpress.org/Administration_Over_SSL).
Continue reading “WordPress: Issues with Plugins when only admin area is using SSL”
It is possible to update a free ESXi server directly.
Continue reading “Upgrade free ESXi via command line”
I had the issue, that the Windows Time Service (w32time) was not running on some of my Windows Servers. It came down to only machines, which have not been joined to a Domain.
Continue reading “Enable Windows Time Service on Workgroup Servers (aka not domain joined)”
Today I had to debug the autodiscover settings of an Exchange Server. Therefore I wrote a small Perl script to facilitate this task.
Continue reading “Get Autodiscover Settings for debugging”
I had the need to have a fixed IPv6 address in Windows to connect to the machine via RDP. Also since I have native IPv6 I don’t need Teredo and the other junk:
Regarding to Billy Dickson this works as following:
netsh int ipv6 isatap set state disabled
netsh int ipv6 6to4 set state disabled
netsh interface teredo set state disable
Second step is to disable the randomizer for the IPv6 adresses:
netsh interface ipv6 set privacy state=disabled store=active
netsh interface ipv6 set privacy state=disabled store=persistent
netsh interface ipv6 set global randomizeidentifiers=disabled store=active
netsh interface ipv6 set global randomizeidentifiers=disabled store=persistent
Reboot the box and it will only use the EUI-64 based IPv6 Address.
If you have a Windows Server or Windows 10 with a fixed IPv6 Adress and you also want to get rid of the autoconfigured adress:
netsh int ipv6 show int # Get INTERFACE Name
netsh interface ipv6 set interface "INTERFACE" routerdiscovery=disabled
netsh interface ipv6 set interface "INTERFACE" managedaddress=disabled
Replace the “
INTERFACE” with the Name of your interface!
I need to move Mailboxes from a Exchange 2003 Server in one Domain into an Exchange 2010 Server in another Domain (Cross Forest).
The Prepare-MoveRequest Script works like a charm, but the New-MoveRequest fails:
Failed to reconnect to Active Directory server dc.sourcedomain.com. Make sure the server is available, and that you
have used the correct credentials.
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) , ADTransientException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : 58305869
Continue reading “Exchange 2003 to 2010 Migration fails”
Today I had the problem, that a php script that needs to resolve IP Adresses was awfully slow (5 seconds for every call).
I had the problem, that Skype for Linux wouldn’t open links in Firefox but a different installed browser.
BROWSER=firefox didn’t solve the issue.
Today I learned that with iSCSI you should set proper NICs to the iSCSI vmk’s.