I had the need to have a fixed IPv6 address in Windows to connect to the machine via RDP. Also since I have native IPv6 I don’t need Teredo and the other junk:
Regarding to Billy Dickson this works as following:
netsh int ipv6 isatap set state disabled
netsh int ipv6 6to4 set state disabled
netsh interface teredo set state disable
Second step is to disable the randomizer for the IPv6 adresses:
netsh interface ipv6 set privacy state=disabled store=active
netsh interface ipv6 set privacy state=disabled store=persistent
netsh interface ipv6 set global randomizeidentifiers=disabled store=active
netsh interface ipv6 set global randomizeidentifiers=disabled store=persistent
Reboot the box and it will only use the EUI-64 based IPv6 Address.
If you have a Windows Server with a fixed IPv6 Adress and you also want to get rid of the autoconfigured adress:
netsh interface ipv6 set interface "Ethernet" routerdiscovery=disabled
Replace the “Ethernet” with the Name of your interface!
I need to move Mailboxes from a Exchange 2003 Server in one Domain into an Exchange 2010 Server in another Domain (Cross Forest).
The Prepare-MoveRequest Script works like a charm, but the New-MoveRequest fails:
Failed to reconnect to Active Directory server dc.sourcedomain.com. Make sure the server is available, and that you
have used the correct credentials.
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) , ADTransientException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : 58305869
Continue reading “Exchange 2003 to 2010 Migration fails”
Today I had the problem, that a php script that needs to resolve IP Adresses was awfully slow (5 seconds for every call).
Continue reading “php gethostbyaddr awfully slow”
I had the problem, that Skype for Linux wouldn’t open links in Firefox but a different installed browser.
BROWSER=firefox didn’t solve the issue.
Continue reading “Skype won’t open links in Firefox”
Today I learned that with iSCSI you should set proper NICs to the iSCSI vmk’s.
Continue reading “ESXi and iSCSI Setup”
When using ESXi, after every reboot the authorized keys are lost.
Continue reading “ESXi and SSH authorized keys”
Today I had an issue with ESXi 4.1 and Etherchannel.
Continue reading “ESXi 4.1 and Etherchannel”
Backup for me from http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/topics/make_thunderbird_3_look_act_like_thunderbird_2:
Here are some tips for making TB3 look & act like TB2:
(1) Switch to "All Folders" view. Use the little left and right arrows in the header bar at the top of the folder tree pane. Or go to Help --> Migration Assistant and then select 'use "all folders" mode'.
(2) Switch to the old, familiar toolbar. Go to Help --> Migration Assistant and then select "use original toolbar".
(3) Turn off indexing. Go to Tools --> Options --> Advanced --> General (tab) and uncheck the "Enable Global Search and Indexer" box.
(4) Open messages in new window (not a tab). Go to Tools --> Options --> Advanced --> Reading & Display (tab). Change the "Open messages in:" selection to "A new message window".
(5) Hide tabs when there is only 1. Go to Tools --> Options --> Advanced --> General (tab) and click the "Config Editor..." button. If a cautionary dialog box pops up then click the "I'll be careful, I promise!" button. Start typing in the filter line of the small window that opens. Type "mail.tabs.autoHide". You will see a seeting with this preference name in the list below. Double click it to change it to "true".
Doing both (4) and (5) will (mostly) turn off tabs.
With last Skype4Py Arek changed a bit the logging. To enable it now you need to put the following in your script: