Today I had the problem, that a php script that needs to resolve IP Adresses was awfully slow (5 seconds for every call).
I had the problem, that Skype for Linux wouldn’t open links in Firefox but a different installed browser.
BROWSER=firefox didn’t solve the issue.
Today I learned that with iSCSI you should set proper NICs to the iSCSI vmk’s.
When using ESXi, after every reboot the authorized keys are lost.
Continue reading “ESXi and SSH authorized keys”
Today I had an issue with ESXi 4.1 and Etherchannel.
Continue reading “ESXi 4.1 and Etherchannel”
Here are some tips for making TB3 look & act like TB2:
(1) Switch to "All Folders" view. Use the little left and right arrows in the header bar at the top of the folder tree pane. Or go to Help --> Migration Assistant and then select 'use "all folders" mode'.
(2) Switch to the old, familiar toolbar. Go to Help --> Migration Assistant and then select "use original toolbar".
(3) Turn off indexing. Go to Tools --> Options --> Advanced --> General (tab) and uncheck the "Enable Global Search and Indexer" box.
(4) Open messages in new window (not a tab). Go to Tools --> Options --> Advanced --> Reading & Display (tab). Change the "Open messages in:" selection to "A new message window".
(5) Hide tabs when there is only 1. Go to Tools --> Options --> Advanced --> General (tab) and click the "Config Editor..." button. If a cautionary dialog box pops up then click the "I'll be careful, I promise!" button. Start typing in the filter line of the small window that opens. Type "mail.tabs.autoHide". You will see a seeting with this preference name in the list below. Double click it to change it to "true".
Doing both (4) and (5) will (mostly) turn off tabs.
With last Skype4Py Arek changed a bit the logging. To enable it now you need to put the following in your script:
Today I got some hint how to implement joining public chats via API in linux Skype.
Continue reading “Linux Skype: Participate in Pulic Chats”
on a plain Lenny with Grub as Boot Manager (Lilo doesn’t work with xen 🙁 ):
apt-get install xen-hypervisor-3 xenwatch xen-tools linux-image-2.6-xen-amd64
/etc/xen/xend-config.sxp: "(network-script network-bridge)"
- Edit /etc/xen-tools/xen-tools.conf
time xen-create-image --hostname=test --ip=10.0.0.11 --arch=amd64 --role=udev